Friday, April 2, 2010
Biography
Hello, my name is Kevan Santos. I am a junior at California State University East Bay in Hayward, California and I am a History Major with my area of focus being in U.S. History. The purpose of my blog is to investigate the preservation of open spaces in the East Bay Area and to present the research I find. It was not until only within the past few years that I have discovered the importance of the many parks, preservation, and protected open spaces found in the Bay Area. No where else on earth resembles the beautiful golden hills of California, the vast and bountiful Central Valley, or the impressive Sierra Nevada Mountains. The Bay Area has always been one of the most populated and fastest growing areas in the United States which has led to an immense amount of development for housing, businesses, and other human needs. Yet protected areas remain not only for our enjoyment but also for the good of the environment. I am interested in learning more about our State's national parks and the protected open spaces in the Bay Area. I am especially interested in the parks and open spaces near my home in Concord, California such as Mount Diablo, Lime Ridge, and the Black Diamond Mines. Each of these places has a reason for being where it is and has a history behind it. I can only hope my research leads me to not only answers but more questions in which I can follow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment